Staff and students wore their “mustache” to celebrate the national effort to promote drug use prevention. This initiative is sponsored by the National Family Partnership, formerly the National Federation of Parents for Drug Free Youth, which was established as a grassroots, nonprofit organization in 1980 by a handful of concerned and determined parents who were convinced they should begin to play more of a leadership role in drug prevention.
Students, Staff, and Families across N-CCS took the Red Ribbon Pledge this week to be a part of the creation of a drug free America!
The Red Ribbon Pledge:
- As parents and citizens, we will talk to our children and the children in our lives about the dangers of drug abuse.
- We will set clear rules for our children about not using drugs.
- We will set a good example for our children by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
- We will monitor our children’s behavior and enforce appropriate consequences, so that our rules are respected.
- We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from substance abuse.