Differentiation has been a key educational concept for years, and one thing is for certain, teachers need and deserve differentiation just as much as students do. The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has worked hard to develop self-paced and instructor-led professional development that is accessible through Home Base that are no cost to NC educators who have a Home Base log in. No matter your content area or grade span, teachers and administrators can benefit from the variety of online professional development offerings. Registration for 10 current instructor-led offerings opens January 26.
To check out those offerings and many more, visit the website below.
Visit rt3nc.org to learn more.
Self-Paced Modules Include:
- Connecting with our 21st Century Learners
- Data Literacy in Action
- Developing and Maintaining a Positive Learning Environment in Your Classroom
- Digital Literacies in the K-12 Classroom
- Global Awareness, Diversity, and Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom
- Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects parts 1 & 2
- Responsibilities of the 21st Century Educator
- Understanding Student Behavior
- Universal Design for Learning
- The WIDA English Language Arts Standards
Self-Paced Mini-Modules Include:
- Demonstrating High Expectations
- Developing Effective Data Teams
- Differentiation in the Classroom
- District Benchmark Assessments
- EVAAS Basics
- Setting Learning Targets and Questioning for Learning
- SMART Goals for Students
- Writing SMART Goals
- What the Best NC Teachers Do