The UNC-Charlotte College of Education hosted a Teacher-to-Teacher Conference on Tuesday, March 3rd. Many of Shuford’s teachers represented N-CCS at this event. The campaign’s focus was “Empowering Teachers to Empower Students”.
Pre-K to 12th grade teachers/professionals and university faculty were encouraged to facilitate sessions on best practices and pedagogical techniques. Presentation strands included:
- Engaging your hard-to-reach students;
- Differentiating for a variety of populations;
- How to be an effective Teacher-Leader;
- Maintaining a high level of time on task;
- Becoming a cooperating teacher for UNC-Charlotte; and
- Culturally responsive classrooms
Pictured here are Ms. Burkhalter and Ms. Hoyle, both 3rd grade teachers at Shuford, participating in a problem-based learning demonstration.