The Educator Effectiveness Division of the NC Department of Public Instruction is offering another session of Effective Digital Strategies for Teaching and Learning in the K-12 Classroom: A PD MOOClet, starting March 30. This course is available at no cost to North Carolina educators and will be facilitated by DPI professionals. This course will start nextMonday March 30. Registration for this course is now open.
Duration: 6 Weeks (20 hours) Credits: 2 CEUs Maximum registration: 300
This course is intended for K-12 classroom teachers and other instructional personnel. It focuses on using digital tools and strategies to support teaching and learning and enriching individuals’ knowledge through developing communities of practice across the state. In this course, we will look at the 4Cs – Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication and Collaboration; keystones for the 21st century classroom. This MOOClet:
- Is learner-centered, focusing on participants’ professional needs in different disciplines and grade levels
- Focuses on participants as creators of content as much as they are “consumers” of content
- Involves extensive peer-to-peer communication
- Includes a larger number of students than a typical facilitator-led course
Who should participate?
Active, collaborative learners who are self-driven, motivated, flexible and enjoy sharing information and resources.
To register, follow the instructions below to log into Home Base to self-register for a course.
- Log in to the NCEES system using your usual PowerSchool log in or the alternate log in https://ncees.homebase.ncpublicschools.gov/alternateLogin.html
- Click the Professional Development tab.
- You can search for the course, or list all opportunities to find the course you wish to register for.
Click on the course title, you are then presented with the course screen. Click on the section
- Click on the register button.
- Directions on how to register are available at https://ncees.homebase.ncpublicschools.gov/content/Searching%20and%20Registering%20for%20Courses.mp4
Contact Dr. Geetanjali Soni at Geetanjali.email@example.com if you have any questions.