- provides evidence of commitment to a post-secondary institution.
- has completed 150 hours of community service by his/her junior year.
- best exemplifies the Six Discovery High School norms.
In order to be considered for the Maggie Daniels Memorial Scholarship, students must be nominated by staff, students, school district personnel, or community members. No self-nominations will be accepted. In order to nominate a Discovery High School senior for this scholarship:
- Download a copy of the Maggie Daniels Scholarship form here. (Forms also are available in the DHS office.)
- Complete the form entirely, providing careful documentation and explanations as to why you think your nominee best exemplifies Discovery High School’s Six Character Norms. (Descriptions available in the nomination packet.)
- Submit the completed nomination by May 1, 2015.
After May 1, a committee will convene to review the nominations blindly in order to select this year’s recipient. Any questions or clarifications can be directed to DHS Principal John Robinson at 828-466-5581.