Newton-Conover STEM Middle School in partnership with CVCC, MFS, Farm Burearu, Catwaba County Museum, and Windy Wool Windings are collaboratively working to present the second STEM Connection Night.
What is STEM Connection Night?
STEM Connection Nights are a time when local business leaders, entrepreneurs, and artisans partner with our school to host evenings for families to learn relevant and practical trades and skills. There is something so profound when families unite to experience practical hands-on skill-building around topics such as urban gardening, fabrics/sewing, cooking, and technology. While these skills have value independently, learning about long-term opportunities such as high-paying careers, educational pathways, and current job vacancies for parents through these nights are vital to build a stronger, more productive community.
- Focus of event: fabric, sewing, and dyeing.
- Location: Conover Manufacturing Solutions Center (MSC)
- Time: 5-7pm drop in (no particular schedule)
- Target Audience: Newton-Conover City School parents and students, Catawba County Middle School students and parents (plan to expand out once we know numbers for this event), Lenoir Rhyne faculty and students
- Overview of Event Activities: sewing from industrial to home-made, t-shirt tye dyeing, see how robotics are involved in designing and manufacturing, using a loom, free snacks as long as they last, and much more.