The Hickory International Council (HIC) offers grants to community organizations that provide programs supportive of the goals, purposes and projects of the HIC. Each year, two (2) grants will be provided to the community based upon competitive proposals. See our website for information about the mission of HIC http://hickoryinternationalcouncil.com/about/. Proposals should be received by December 16, 2015, and awardees will be identified by the end of January 2016.
Newton-Conover was proud to boast two HIC winners in 2014. Revae Bostwick and Brian Smith both received HIC grants last year. Click here to read about their grants.
HIC-CGA Grant Rules and Criteria
- Grants will not exceed $500.
- Grants will be given only once for a program or project of the same agency or organization.
- Grants will not exceed 50% of the total cost of the program or project.
- Grants may be given to either “seed” or operational costs of a program or project.
- Grants will be awarded only where a completed proposal has been submitted and prior to the due date (see below).
- Grants may be awarded to single group proposals or to multi-group proposals.
- At least one Grant will be awarded to groups and organizations that operate within the City of Hickory. The other grant can be awarded to groups and organizations that operate within Catawba County.
- Grants will be awarded to proposals that support the goals, purposes, and mission of HIC.
- Grant proposals should indicate how the project or program aids in the development of a more global or internationally supportive and tolerant community.