Are you an aspiring school leader who would like an opportunity to work collaboratively with 21 other educational leaders and obtain your principal licensure at virtually no tuition cost?
The High Point University Leadership Academy may be for you!
Interested yet? Here are some things to know:The HPU Leadership Academy is a cohort model that has been designed as an alternative to traditional principal preparation programs. This unique approach employs experiential learning, leadership assessments, a full-time internship, executive coaching, a partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership. The goal of this program is to prepare educators to be transformational leaders.
- All tuition and fees will be paid for by the $1.78 million Principal Preparation Program grant
- Your pro-rated salary and benefits will be paid from August 1-December 31, by the grant ($25k cap for 5 months)
- Completion of the program will yield you 36 graduate hours, principal licensure, and a Master of Educational Leadership degree
- You will be asked to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that commits you to working for NCCS for three years after completion of the program. Should NCCS not place you in an administrative position after one year, you may complete your remaining two years in an administrative position in another district without penalty
- If you leave the district prior to your three additional years of service, you will be required to pay back to HPU a pro-rated amount of $3,416 per year
- Upon completion of the program in December, 2017, you will be placed in a position equivalent to the one you vacated in July, 2017
NCCS Informational Meeting: If you are interested, please plan to attend our informational meeting.
When: Monday, October 24, 2016
Time: 3:30 PM
Where: Central Office – Human Resources Classroom
Who: Dr. Sylvia White